Saturday, January 5, 2008

Be afraid of the half lived life.

Maverick's.
On annual basis, there's a surfing tournament in Half Moon Bay which generates a tremendous amount of interest from spectators and participants. This area generates up to 100 foot waves but not during the tournament.
Today, I went to Pillar Point, about 4 miles north of Half Moon Bay where I could see waves down in the horizon exploding like crazy.

60-80 foot waves.

Mac, a surfer, chuckled to me and nodded in agreement when I asked him if the waves were in that range.

Those surfers are serious about this. They may look your happy go lucky and laid back California dudes. They work hard at it, honing their equipment and keeping themselves in shape year around so they can surf insane waves when it hits out of blue.

I will never be a surfer but I appreciate people who constantly challenge and push themselves to different limits.

Be different.

Be different from other people and push yourselves to new limits and challenge yourselves to something new everyday.
Training:
Still somewhat sick. Doing the trainer workouts as usual. Going to go down 1.69 inch to 48x16 instead of 49x16 and spin much faster.
There's a GREAT thread in Fixedgearfever.com especially with very informative posts by Gord Singleton and Steve Hill talking about doing high rpm sprints, etc. Check this out - (posts by Hotblack and 2006) http://www.fixedgearfever.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4264&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Hoping the rain will let up so I can hit Hellyer tomorrow morning for few hours.

No comments: